Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Making some good progress.....

On Tuesday of this week, Aubrey had his 3rd set of casts put on. Autumn at the clinic said he's making good progress and hopes for only six weeks of the initial casting. They always give a range of 6-8 weeks. After she sees enough progress we make an appointment for the minor surgery to make an incision at the achilles tendon....YIKES! He'll only need a local ansethia and Autumn reassures us that the surgery is harder on parents than on these little babies.....try telling that to a new mom, who manages to tear up when he gets the casts on.....but we'll make it through. :-) The next set of pictures are of his progress.....
PIC 1 - No Casts....

PIC 2 - After first set of casts


PIC 3 - After second set of casts
We are excited because we are definitely seeing a good change in his tiny little feet. Other than our weekly trips to TCH, we are doing good. Aubrey has been fussier during and after his feedings lately so we are trying new formula starting today....and hoping it helps with his colic and reflux. He's changed alot in just the past four weeks and has definite times of quiet, alert play time now. He enjoys his new play mat, looking at the colors and is tolerating some tummy time. He can sometimes hold up his head and turn it to both sides while on his tummy. We also continue to see more smiles....especially when I play patty cake with him. He seems to always show me one smile with that game.

4 comments:

Laura Rucker said...

OMG! What a change. I am so happy that this is working itself out so quickly. I hope the formula change will help. What did you switch to? We are on soy and it made a huge difference!! Praying & thinking about y'all. He is beautiful!

Unknown said...

A track star in the making! :) The progress is looks GREAT and I can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks.

Allison said...

Wow, that progress is amazing!! So happy to see it is working well and the way it is suppose to. I agree that the surgery will be worse for you than for Aubrey. I remember how I felt when Landon had his surgery. Fortunately, Aubrey is so young and will not even remember...you will though!! Hang in there! I hope the formula change works for you. We changed formulas so many times with both kids...no fun! Take care and we will contine praying and thinking about y'all.

Erica said...

Wow! I can see a huge difference. I hope the new formula works well. That is pretty common with little ones. My sister had to try so many different things with her little boy. I can't wait to visit. We are in San Antonio right now, but I will call you soon. By the way, can you e-mail me your number?